Tuesday 7 January 2014

RIMMEL London: Colour Rush Balm


This is one of the first beauty products I've bought this year so thought I'd start my blog with this. 



Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in "Drive Me Nude"


I use lipgloss/balm on my lips practically all the time. Especially in winter to stop them getting chapped but I always feel naked without it.

These come in 7 shades and they are like giant crayons which I think is quite cool. There are quite a few of these balms/crayons on the market at the moment but Rimmel's is definitely one of the cheaper options. A few of my friends have different colours and recommended it so I thought I'd get one. As I prefer my nude colours, I bought it in 'Drive Me Nude' from Boots and it was £5.99 which is a reasonable price for this product.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the balm was the smell... REALLY NICE! Smells like vanilla which I must say I like. It applies easily and the consistency seems well balanced between a lip balm and lipstick. It's not as shiny as a gloss so is great for everyday use. I find it moisturising and soft for my lips, easy to put on, last pretty long and doesn't dry them out at all. The colour for me is subtle but effective! Definitely a good nude to have and not to pale at all (as I find that can be a problem with some nudes) 

                                 

Au Natural
"Drive Me Nude"

Pros:
Great Smell, Colour, Feels and Looks Good, Moisturising Texture and Low Price

Cons: Can't think of any unless you don't like the smell of vanilla...




Conclusion...


I really do love it. I would definitely buy it again and would recommend it. I would like to try Clinique's Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm (£17) but as it's just after Christmas etc, I may have to wait a bit!! 


I found Rimmel London's Colour Rush Balm a cheaper alternative which turned out to be a must have! 

Feel free to let me know what you think or if you've tried other lip crayons which you like! 



... Love Nixx :)



Where to buy yours - Boots.com or Boots stores, £5.99 - 7 Shades - http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-London-Colour-Rush-Balm_1376503/

No comments:

Post a Comment